During the weeks of January 9 and 16, the Region of Peel will collect Christmas trees at the curb on residents’ regular recycling collection day.
To set out Christmas trees for collection, residents should ensure that:
- trees taller than 3 m. (10 ft.) are cut in half,
- all outer plastic bags, ornaments, tinsel, nails, wire and tree stands are removed,
- trees are not placed in or on snowbanks,
- if you live in an apartment or condo, the trees are set at the curb by the driveway entrance to the property,
- trees do not obstruct the road or sidewalk.
Residents who miss their collection can also take their Christmas trees to a Community Recycling Centre (CRC). Trees taller than 3 m. (10 ft.) must also be cut in half to be accepted. There will be no drop-off fees at the CRCs for Christmas trees during the Christmas tree collection period.
Residents are encouraged to visit peelregion.ca/waste to check:
- CRC locations and hours, and
- “when does it go” collection calendar for their regular recycling collection day.