If You Need Assistance
Emergency Assistance: 9-1-1
More information on how to stay warm: 3-1-1
Tips for Cold Days
- Stay indoors as much as possible.
- Plan ahead by checking the weather forecast before heading out.
- Dress to suit the weather. Wear multiple layers of loose fitting clothes, (including a hat, scarf and mittens) and cover up as much exposed skin as possible.
- Drink warm fluids but avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages as they cause your body to lose heat more rapidly.
- Reschedule or plan outdoor activities for another day.
- More information on how to stay safe in cold weather.
Community Centre Hours
During the alert various community centres are available to those who are looking to get out of the cold: Community Centre Locations and Hours.