For years, no one quite knew what would become of the 200-acre historical agricultural property known as Britannia Farms.
The area, surrounded by Hurontario, Mclaughlin, Bristol and Matheson Blvd., has actually been the property of the school board since 1833. According to this report, it was given to the board on the condition that the land be used for educational purposes. While the land has been home to educational establishments over the years, discussions about what it would ultimately be used for fell through.
InSauga, Ashley Newport, December 16, 2016