Forecast daytime temperatures are expected to be at least 31oC and overnight temperatures are 20oC or above. Humidex is at least 40oC
Tips for Hot Days
- Drink lots of plain cool water before you feel thirsty
- Stay cool and if possible, stay in an air-conditioned place
- Wear a wide brimmed hat, UV protective sunglasses, and loose-fitting long shirts and pants.
- Stay in the shade whenever possible
- Reschedule or plan outdoor activities for cooler parts of the day
- Call or visit family, friends and neighbours, especially isolated adults and seniors who are at greater risk of suffering from heat-related illness
- If you feel faint, have difficulty breathing or feel confused and disoriented because of the heat, call your doctor. In an emergency, call 911.